Reading Italian books is not the only way to expand your vocabulary in the language. In this day and age, watching videos is just as effective in learning Italian if not more as you can hear the correct intonation, pronunciation, and native accent. There are many great resources for finding Italian videos. Among them are popular YouTube channels curated by expert Italian speakers who have made it their mission to make Italian accessible to anyone. We’ve put together a list of the best Learn Italian YouTube Channels!
The 8 Best Learn Italian YouTube Channels
If you’d like to get a chuckle in while learning Italian, then Italy Made Easy is just for you! The Italian teacher behind the channel, Manu, created funny Italian videos designed for beginners. They include such topics as “Learn Italian Pronunciationand “Safety and How to Avoid Weird Situations in Italy. If you are interested in taking your Italian language learning to the next level then you may also want to check out his advanced Italian lessons and webinars for a small fee.
Learn Italian with Lucrezia is one of our favorite Learn Italian YouTube Channels thanks to Lucrezia’s fun, creative spirit when creating extremely helpful videos for both intermediate and beginner learners. She has such titles as “Friends, Food and Yoga” and “Passato Prossimo: choosing the right auxiliary verb“. Lucrezia’s YouTube channel is extremely diverse, as she covers a whole multitude of subjects from Italian culture to food videos to videos on verbs.
3. Tom Txxytu
Tom’s YouTube channel is filled with helpful videos for both English speakers who want to learn Italian and vice versa. Additionally, he has created plenty of vlogs that he’s coined TomVlogs, which are a fun way to learn Italian while you listen along to Tom on various subjects. Check out such videos as Tips For Speaking Faster in Italian and Italian Culture and Media.
4. Dolce Vita
This is another on of the best Learn Italian YouTube Channels that makes learning Italian a cake-walk, because you’re having so much fun while you do it! This is a go-to if you want to learn how to naturally interact with native Italians and get to know their culture. Both hosts of this channel, Marina and Luca, make learning about Italian culture and language funny and light! Check out such learning basics as Months in Italian, as well as videos on Italian culture such as Italian Hand Gestures.
Marco Nisida is a native Italian YouTuber who focuses on getting his viewers ready for a trip to Italy. Marco is not only a great motivator to learn Italian, but he also a unique set of learning methods, which come from his own experiences living in Italy. Learn Italian, Live From Italy is a fantastic YouTube channel to watch for all skill-levels as Marco creates videos for three different learning levels, as well as videos to aid in the conjugation of verbs. Check out “Como Optimizer Tu Tiempo-Regal 80 20” or “Qué es la Ansiedad?”.
- This channel has a series of lessons to help you perfect your skills in the language, mainly videos aimed at improving oral comprehension. At the end of each lesson, you will find exercises to help you measure your progress and review what has been learned.
- The content of the channel is organized and planned well. Among its video series, you’ll also find lessons to learn vocabulary with images. The aim of these lessons being to help you learn 10 words a day, dedicating 3 minutes a day.
- In the pronunciation lessons, you’ll learn about the most common mistakes students of the language make, how to avoid them and how to recognize subtle pronunciation differences only native speakers differentiate.
What should you expect? Oral comprehension lessons (for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels), pronunciation, vocabulary, useful words (weekly series) and everyday phrases.
- Lessons aimed at basic (A1), pre-intermediate (A2) and intermediate (B1) level. The entire content of the videos is in Italian. This makes it a good challenge to perfect your oral comprehension skills in Italian.
- The videos are entertaining, different and regularly updated. Veronica is the main protagonist in the videos. She and her team founded a language school in Cagliari and share some lessons on this YouTube channel.
- The content of the channel is extensive thus allowing you to explore various lessons aimed at acquiring vocabulary and perfecting your pronunciation of the language.
What should you expect? Vocabulary and phrases used daily, conversations aimed to improve grammar and lessons with their translation in English.
- The content of the channel is aimed at intermediate learners of the language and is ideal for learning how to speak Italian.
- Lessons with English and Italian subtitles break the traditional learning methods because, in an entertaining and different way, Alberto shares with his learning techniques he used to learn other languages.
- In his series of street interviews, the rules are to understand at least 70% of the content, to listen to dialogues as many times as needed (from 5 to 15 times) and, last but not least, to enjoy the process!
What should you expect? Learning techniques, grammar, vocabulary, street interviews and useful vocabulary for everyday happenings.
What did you think of this list of the best Learn Italian YouTube Channels? I hope that learning Italian with these channels will encourage you to broaden your knowledge in this language. Don’t forget to take a look at the MosaLingua app for learning Italian, which is ideal for helping you expand your vocabulary and grammar efficiently all while having fun.